[pct-l] re bees and other flying, stinging critters.

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:43:29 CDT 2010

Very true, Don.  What we have in at least two places here at The Hideaway at
Old Station (or maybe it's one underground hive with two 'doors',) seem to
be wasps or yellowjackets that aren't the
paper-made-hive-hanging-from-an-eave, porch, etc. type, we have the paper
hive ones as well.  Neither type likes too much company, but the
in-the-ground ones will tolerate only a few trips back and forth overhead
before they come boiling out...plus they give chase, for as long as they can
find their target.  And, they really like pant legs and getting under
shirts!   Since they've made their home underground, I suppose that even tho
it was under minus 10* every night for roughly two weeks last December, they
might have survived the winter.  If so, anyone with the knowledge or courage
to come remove or eradicate this threat to us, our summer help and hikers
would be ever so welcome!   Mi casa de arbol es su casa de arbol !!!
Takers, anyone?
;-)
FireFly
The Hideaway at Old Station (Shasta Co., CA)