[pct-l] How to catch a ride into town

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 22:23:15 CDT 2010

Unsupported JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold wrote: Say Ben, If you want to improve your chances of catching a ride into town, wear a hiker wardrobe like Switchback....black lingerie and fuzzy pink camp slippers. You will catch a ride "just like that".  BTW...Hairy legs in combat boots will also get you a ride "just like that". TRUST ME ON THAT ONE.

Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Everyone will be hanging around me at the April Kickoff because I will have a super comfortable hammock system set up.  I will violate no park rules.  Yes, I hope it is blowing a cold driving rain at the Kickoff.  I will be safe and warm in my camping hammock, while everyone else is hiding in the bathrooms from the big bad storm.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  I can see a 60 mph wind rushing through the park and hikers rushing around crying for their mama.  May be it will snow too and be like the Fuller Ridge later down the trail.  That will be really neat.

Yes, I will not need a ride into "town".  If it gets too bad, I will jump in my vehicle and head to Pine Valley and the motel and remote control.  Simple.  I will be at Major's Dinner eating a hot breakfast the next day, while I look out the window at the snow drifts piling up 3-4 feet high --- global cooling.