[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

Umstead Tim-MGI1984 tumstead at motorola.com
Fri Mar 26 10:35:59 CDT 2010

To answer the question of what people did before water caches.  When we
hiked the trail in '96 there were no water cache's.  We quickly learned
how far one liter would take us, and we always made sure we carried
enough water to get to the next source.  This meant that we had to carry
gallons of water away from Scissors Crossing heading up San Felipe ridge
toward Barrel Springs.  We also had many dry camps.  We would cook
dinner at the last water source even if that was at noon.  Not having
water cache's means you have to adjust to condition on the trail and
plan ahead.

The Ravens
PCT '96