[pct-l] Suspending Bills while Hiking

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 17:33:36 CDT 2010

Hi All!
I just found out my 2 year contract with Verizon Wireless (signed last Sept) can be suspended for 3 months at a time for $15. They call it a vacation suspension. After three months I need to call them back and suspend it for another three months. The nice tech person said they usually only charge $15 for both suspensions and it takes only a phone call to turn it back on.
This saves me from paying 60 bucks a month for a usb modem I won't need/can't use on trail or breaking the contract and becoming subject to the "Draconian" fees associated with said early termination.
Maybe I am the last one to figure this out. Yes, I am the guy that worries about paying bills on time etc. I have been known to drive roomates crazy over the electric bill.
Speaking of that.. It was a sinful pleasure to cancel my Powerbill! I am not returning home THIS time after the hike. It was super fun to confuse the heck out of my power carrier with superfluos information after they have gouged my these past 9 years. HAHAHA!
Anyhow, if you have a wireless contract with Verizon they have this vacation suspension option.. And they even forward the $15 fee till the account is reactivated.
-Cheers, Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek