[pct-l] Lightweight tent or tarp & groundcloth?

backtak at aol.com backtak at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 19:56:27 CDT 2010

 Can anyone recommend a small 1-2 person tent that is both lightweight and cheap?  I have been looking at the Sierra Designs and the Eureka single person tents as well as MSR emergency shelters and Black Diamond tarps.  Which type is preferable for the long haul?  I am trying to cut my pack weight down by getting a shelter that weighs close to 3 pounds total.  I'm even interested in a used one if anyone has one that can still take 6 months of abuse!

Gramma Lissa