[pct-l] Lighten your pack the JMT Reinhold way

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 13:25:06 CDT 2010

Reinhold,

I guess if you are going to throw out these types of recommendations, it would be nice to give some evidence of how successful you were with this type of strategy.  So, can you share your grazing strategy and success on any of your PCT section hikes (or JMT thru-hikes)?  What percentage of your food supply was done through grazing and what percentage was done through actual food you carried in?  I would hate to think that newbies might take this as a suitable supply option without sufficient evidence that you were actually successful.  Sometimes I think you are a nut, but maybe this is due to the fact that you are foraging for all these nuts?

Elevator