[pct-l] Moving toward Net Zero

Junaid Dawud jdawud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:32:07 CDT 2010

In 2006 I can actually pinpoint the day my hiker hunger / metabolism
kicked up a notch. It was about two days north of "the faucet" at the
bottom of san jacinto. We camped at the faucet and the next day was
bloody hot. We made it past the (i think) I10, past the wind farm
where i unknowingly drank uranium tainted water, past whitewater where
I walked into the creek and layed down, we finally camped a few miles
past whitewater. The next day I woke up with an insatiable hunger that
didn't subside until a couple weeks after I left the trail.

I think my metabolism went up another notch about 3 weeks after that.
I remember in norcal counting the "labelled calories" and estimating
the "unlabelled calories" and figuring my "snack one" at 1100
calories. Now at the time I was eating: breakfast, snack one, lunch,
snack two, snack three, dinner, chocolate and tea+cocoa for dessert. I
think most days I was eating 7000-9000 calories. I still lost weight.

I think you'll have no problem at all losing weight

Incidentally, I dont think my metabolism ever went all the way back to
pre-hike levels. I still eat ~3500 calories a day and I'm still right
at my pre hike weight.

Junaid