[pct-l] Puff Daddy & Notorious F.L.Eece

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 23:59:16 CDT 2010

The problem is all will work just fine.  It just depends on what you like
and are willing to spend.  There are pluses and minuses to each.

Just a few:

Down = + weight, compresibility ;  - not good when wet
Pima Loft = + lower cost, better wet;  - still not great when wet, not as
light/compressible as down
Fleece = + low cost, good when wet;  - not compressible, more weight.

Each of the these has been successfully used on a thru hike of the PCT.  So
all can work fine for you - again it is just preferences.

I find 200 Wt fleece is adequate, but I now carry a down jacket, that is
just me.

Day-Late

.