[pct-l] Snow

greg jacobs pcthiker08 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 11:10:01 CDT 2010

*Why won't the snow stop? We are getting way too much rain this year.
It's a great thing for the state and a bad thing for us that are
hiking this year.
I guess we can blame the weather on Al Gore for expossing the myth of
global warming. Haha
I can't wait. 21 more days and I'm out of here.
*
Even though it seems like its been snowing alot in the west, the CDEC snow
charts and Postholer tell a different story, the southern sierras are pretty
close to normal, except for the far southern areas, and the central sierras
are below normal, the only real issue is probably the San Jacintos for those
leaving early. Now a nice warn April will fix all of this so we will see
what
happens in the next few weeks. Im going to delay my original leave date by
about 12 days hoping for a good melt on the desert divide.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/snow/PLOT_SWC