[pct-l] Grumpy Old Men

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Mar 30 17:13:11 CDT 2010

David,
Don't let it get you down.
Like you said this is by and large a good list, except for those few
grumpy old men.
Switchback and I have been battling with them for years.

They can't help it,....it's not their fault.....they don't mean to be
rude.....it's just  "The nature of the beast".
They must lead a very frustrating life....never happy, always grouchy,
always take things to serious, always get
aggravated by a little Switchback humor.
We have been telling them for years....it's not good for them....they
should lighten up a little, but they won't listen to us.
You are an educator, maybe they will listen to you.
Maybe you can convince them that humor and laughter is good for them,
it's good medicine.

JMT Reinhold
Your happy go lucky trail companion

David wrote:
I have been disgusted as of late of the good-old-boy mentality of a
small handful of grumpy old men on this forum, Postholer being chief
among them. Again, I am so grateful to the many, many, many people who
have engaged in correspondence over helpful how-tos, been-there's and
the such, especially when the advice is solicited. Thank you, thank you
to all you hike-your-own-hikers on this forum, but please don't be
bullied by the few narcissists on this forum.