[pct-l] Gear List

hetchhetchyman at aol.com hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 18:33:56 CDT 2010

From: Porfirio Romero <pfromero8 at msn.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Gear List
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Wow,

This is great. I appreciate Jukebox for the Newbie concideration. Any one else
who could give a run down of total gear packed for the trail would be greatly
appreciated.

Pack- Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus

Shelter- Gossamer Gear "The One" tent

Bag- Western Mountaineering Ultra Light Down

Under Layer- Smartwool Midweight longsleeve Top & Max Ride Polyester light weight bottoms.

Mid layer- Marmot Windshirt

Outer Layer- Patagonia Light Down jacket (Yea, thats right.. I got this jacket on sale, without sales tax cause it was in Oregon!)

Rain Gear- Marmot Precip Jacket(13 0z) and Red Ledge Rain Pants (8 oz)

Gloves- Seirus Thin Neoprene/spandex Got 'em on sale at Outdoor World!

Pants Wind/Bug Columbia Pro Fishing Gear Zip off legs

Hat Cold/Sleeping Columbia Nylon covered Fleece with really dorky looking ear warmer flaps. Bandana

Garbage compactor Bag liner for backpack

Ground Sheet- Gossamer Gear Poly-Cro. I would never have believed a piece of clear plastic could hold up to thousands of miles of use.. But it's true. I feel foolish for starting the PCT with a heavy sportsmans blanket.

Tent Stakes/Bear hang cord.

Kitchen- Stove- "Soup Can" Woodburning stove homemade. .9 liter cup Lite My Fire Spork Bic lighter Lite My Fire Fire Steel (Like Flint and Steel) Chunk of brillo Pad

Camera- Canon Powershot A590 For now..

Sleeping Pad- Modified Ridgerest. Brand spanking new.. and cut down to body shape just like the last one! lol!

Knife- Victornox Classic Banana Yellow because I lost my wonderful "Forest" Green one somewhere in the Washington Forest!

Compass and Toothbrush on lanyard. I kept losing my toothbrush in my pack until I tied it to my Compass. It's really wierd but the system works.

Headlamp- Petzl Zipka with Red Lens filter

Sunglasses- Whatever is on sale at Big 5 most likely.

Water Filter- Mountain Safety Research Pro Ceramic Element/pump action. Cleaned by sanding with Brillo Pad and occasional boiling.

Dental Floss container with sewing needle.

Socks 1 pair Kmart Mens Synthetic Dress socks over 1 pair Injinji Toe socks

Water containers-Aqua Fina Bottles

Sub-Totals:
12.9lbs
0.00