[pct-l] new route north from Snoqualmie Pass.

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 31 21:02:51 CDT 2010

I went over Gadget's route in 2008.  It starts 3.6 miles out of  Sno Pass and connects back 36 miles later. Excellent route that takes in, from what I understand, the old PCT and old Cascade trail.  They must have taken down the "abandoned trail" sign by now.  I took it by accident, but I'm glad I did.  I don't know what the burned out area looked like, but this was a treat.  Several really good camp sites too.
Capt Bivy

There is also a new route north from Snoqualmie Pass. It's called
"Gadget's Route. Goes by Goldmeyer Hot Springs.  **Gets you away from the
burned out area. *
*