[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 13:28:26 CDT 2010

so we arrived yesterday, finally made it thru all that crazy weather and got here to find out that WS resort put our resupply box right next to the hiker box and even though our box was all taped up and labeled with our names and that we were PCT hikers...the resort allows just ANYONE to just go back there and rummage thru and find what they need...and that they did! Someone opened our resupply box and not only took all of our food but also our microspikes and my Tarp Tent! If anyone is reading this that's on the trail the tent is very sentimental to me as it was a gift and has traveled the PCT and AT already. It is the older version of the Rainbow meaning it has no zipper on the fly so it's pretty easy to spot. Beat some ass for me and get my tent back plz! I'm really livid with the fact that another hiker would do this to us. We also need the spikes to get up Idyllwild...ggrrr!
Our box was obviously labeled AND taped. They deliberately opened it and rummaged thru a box that also was obviously NOT a hiker box and definitely a resupply. Hiker boxes are pretty random stuff...ours was not! WTF??? I'm not getting mail from pctL anymore so if u have any info for me plz email me directly...also never trust WS resort to keep ur stuff safe. They don't even care...here fill out an incident report and have a nice day...BASTARDS!!!
thanx and hugs

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!

www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!