[pct-l] Injury on PCT

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:44:22 CDT 2010

Have him rest if off some more.  I'd advise him to take 1 week off.  This is
not uncommon.  I suffered an injury early on too, but it didn't stop me.  I
just rested it off, and took it slow.  I was better in no time.

He's probably crushed - thinking his dream hike isn't going to happen.
You'll want to be super positive when you talk to him... encourage him, and
assure him that he'll be okay, and his trip will be successful.  He just
needs to rest a while longer.  Ice packs, etc.  Then hop back on the trail!

-Ausitn