[pct-l] Injury on PCT

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon May 3 16:04:42 CDT 2010

I lost 3 weeks for injury at Idyllwild when I arrived at the very end of April.  It was an achilles heel injury and  I ended up only hiking a couple of days during the latter part of the month of May (so I lost most of May).  I was still able to finish the trail by October 2.  He doesn't need to panic and jump forward yet.  The snow picture is only going to get better as time moves on and a latter hiker will have a quicker and easier time in the mountains as a result.  He just needs to heal up.  Idyllwild has an excellent state park campground that is cheap and located right in town.  Many in the past have stayed their for a week or more healing up.

-Miner