[pct-l] Station Fire detour?

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon May 3 23:49:45 CDT 2010

One other thing to note is that according to hikers who have arrived here
already, there are NO closure signs on the PCT after the Yellow-Legged Frog
detour.  Hikers who did the Sheep Fire detour, arrive in Wrightwood, and
hike north on the PCT from there are not finding ANY closure signs, and
several of them have wound up hiking in the closure unintentionally (not
everyone is tuned in to the resource information we are).  Unfortunately,
the potential $5,000 fine for individuals ($10,000 for groups) could apply
whether you intended to be in the closure or not.

L-Rod