[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

Nitnoid1 nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 12:19:53 CDT 2010

It's called entitlement.  One of the thru hiker's less endearing attributes.

The Incredible Bulk

On May 4, 2010, at 9:47 AM, <gwschenk at socal.rr.com> wrote:

---- enyapjr at comcast.net wrote:
someone associated the hiker box and package and thought the package was
put there unclaimed and meant to be shared. Even though it was unopened.

I don't know that I would have had that idea, but I might have - an
honest mistake.

But in opening the box and finding a tent and microspikes, wouldn't that
have made YOU think TWICE that the contents were 'meant' to be 'shared'?!?

Not necessarily, you might think it's just more trail magic. It's part of the scene, free rides, free places to stay, free laundry, free water packed in for your convenience, etc.

Gary
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: