[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue May 4 13:11:56 CDT 2010

> ...you might think it's just more trail magic. It's part of the scene,
> free rides, free places to stay, free laundry, free water ...

Sorry, but I would NOT think that - at least unless the items were each
specifically marked/tagged as being 'free' - even then I would personally
still have my doubts about it...  Guess I was raised/taught differently!
I don't see how you could possibly equate the 'value' of a tent and
microspikes as being directly comparable to a free ride, free place to
stay, free laundry, or free water - they're in a different 'value' class...

Yes, it does ring of the 'entitlement' issue - one doesn't have to 'think'
about it nor use common sense, just assume it's 'magic' and was meant to be,
take it and then go on one's merry way without a second thought...

I'm certainly hoping that it WILL be a 'simple misunderstanding' and all
will be rectified given a little more time...  Wait & see...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)