[pct-l] mummy bags

Paul paul_c at tuxcnc.org
Wed May 5 10:59:55 CDT 2010

Hi Sherry

On Wednesday 05 May 2010, Sherry Smith wrote:
> I tried using a regular sized mummy bag.  I tried pulling my leg up
> in the middle of the night, got stuck and woke up in a panic.
> (Claustrophobic).  So I purchased an over sized mummy bag through
> costco.  It weighs 4 lbs and is really too big (I have LOTS of room
> inside the bag), not to mention that I can't get the thing to fit
> inside my backpack where sleeping bags go.  And if I am going to hike
> the Oregon section of the PCT starting sometime mid July do I really
> need a mummy bag? Sherry

I purchased an oversized bag (
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/product_info.php?cat=26&products_id=217 )
and had a full length zip fitted down the middle - Wasn't cheap, but I
found the regular mummy bags to be too restrictive. With the full
length zip, I now have the option of using it as a quilt or a bag.

I dare say you have similar suppliers your side of the pond that could
make custom bag - 4lbs is a lot of weight to be lugging around up in
them hills.

Regards, Paul.