[pct-l] Warning - Mile 548 - North of Tylerhorse Canyon

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu May 6 15:41:14 CDT 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong as I doing this from memory of when I hiked through there last year.  But based on the mile given, isn't that the area around the top of the mountain after you've climbed up through all those sand slopes?  I seem to recall that area has a huge motorcycle problem as there were tracks all over the mountain.  There were several logs that had been placed accross the trail in an attempt to stop them to no avail.  That might explain the concrete nail trap on the trail as I doubt it was meant for hikers.    Also I recall seeing numerous signs along the trail warning against hunting as the land was private property.

It still sounds like a dangerous situation to hikers but I suspect that it wasn't us who was targeted.  And a shooting range on the trail rightaway is still wrong even if its passing through private property.

-Miner