[pct-l] Canister Stove vs. Alcohol

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 21:24:27 CDT 2010

Kathi

you can add salt to the fuel and it will burn yellow and be visible.
This may cause corrosion of your stove over time - I'm not sure of this as I
don't normally add salt to my fuel.

I any case the stoves are cheap (if you build them yourself) so replacing
one isn't a big deal.

Also look into Tea Candles (google tea candle alcohol stove) for simmering -
I haven't used these yet but will be testing them on my next overnighter -
they look very promising.

Day-Late

. but am very concerned that I can't see the flames. Kinda