[pct-l] Hiker-friendly motels

jape1 at cox.net jape1 at cox.net
Fri May 7 13:16:18 CDT 2010

In Independence, I'm partial to Ray's Den at the north end of town.  Run by Linda, an ex Forest Ranger, it's the cleanest small motel I've ever been in.  She only has eight rooms and often they are all occupied.  On another note, my buddy just came back from the trout opener on the eastern side, and noted that the Mt. Williamson hotel is for sale.  I know that Paul had ill for some time, and perhaps the management of the business has become too much of a burden for Henriette.  The free breakfast feast will be missed.