[pct-l] Flip Flop?

Dirk Rabdau dirk9827 at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 16:36:52 CDT 2010

I live in the Central Cascades region and can attest to the amount of snow still in the Mt. Rainier area...considerable at higher elevations.

You can look at the webcam at Crystal Mountain (adjacent to Mt. Rainier). The trail is opposite the ski area and higher up on the hill.

http://www.skicrystal.com/The-Mountain/Webcams

I will echo the sentiments of  the others - flopping to Washington in early June isn't a particularly great idea as we will still have snow on the ground. This is pretty typical. And frankly, I would trust the weather much more readily in early June in California than I would in the Cascades.

Dirk