[pct-l] Canister Stove vs. Alcohol

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 18:59:35 CDT 2010

And most importantly:

7. Don't use your stove if it is windy enough to blow it over.

8.  Don't use your stove in an area that is not clear.

There were several times on my thru hikes were I ate cold meals or swapped
around an uncooked lunch for a cooked diner because of the conditions (i.e.
usually wind but also no good place to set up stove).

Maybe I've been out west too long - for me starting a fire is a bigger fear
then the usuals: snow travel, self arresting, snakes, etc

Day-Late