[pct-l] Alternative to Paradise Corner Cafe Mail Drop

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Tue May 11 14:19:28 CDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Bob Bankhead wrote:

> TOUGH! Either take responsibility for yourself and your own needs or have the good sense and common courtesy to respect the conditions imposed by those who have CHOSEN to provide the goods and services to which you appear to wrongfully believe you are somehow entitled.

Just to be clear, when I mentioned hikers and business hours I was just responding to the question "Why would that be a problem?"  There are lots of logistical problems to be overcome on a PCT thru-hike.  I didn't mean to sound like I thought the Paradise Cafe was at "fault" in any way. Their completely reasonable policy just has to be factored in when planning your water sources. A spigot that is on 24 hours a day is obviously less of a logistical problem than a spigot that is on only during business hours. I'm not making a judgement, just pointing out the obvious.

This is entirely analogous to picking up a package at the Post Office or at a hotel.  The Post Office isn't at fault for not being open 24 hours.  It is just something to be factored in to a hiker's logistical planning.

Radar