[pct-l] Fires

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue May 11 19:31:33 CDT 2010

Re:
> PLEASE stop burning up our trail. It seems every year a PCT hiker starts at
> least one wildfire. Besides messing up the environment, it really messes up
> our credibility with the regional land management agencies.'

And although alcohol stoves are the most common stove on the PCT, you
can't blame the stove, only the person using the stove.
Many people learn about fire on their first long thru-hike on trails
like the PCT.
I hate to say it, but if you see some idiot cooking in an unsafe
manner, maybe it wouldn't hurt to give them some advice.
People do take too many chances in dry conditions, especially when it
doesn't seem like there is enough foliage to be an issue.

--
The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money.
- Ed Bluestone