[pct-l] On the Dangers of the UL Mentality

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Tue May 11 20:22:44 CDT 2010

Dear Sean 'Miner' Nordeen

I became anxious about the ergomics, and I searched several papers,
which may be important for hiker. I will report in near future.

today's important finding:

According to Abe et al. (2004 ) reported in Journal  of Applied
Ergonomics 35, 329-335. , eight young men walked on a treadmill at
various speed with ankle weight ( 0, 1, 1.5, 3 Kg for each leg), and
energy consumption per walking speed were measured. The results were
astonishing. The energy consumption 1, 1.5 conditions were slightly
higher than that of 0 Kg condition, but not statistically significant.
When walking speed became slower, they  were completely no difference
with that of 0 Kg condition.  I thought this experiment indicated that
it is no use to worry about boots weight, if the weight of each boot
is less than 1.5 Kg, there is no difference on the  energy
consumption.

I am asking for old ergnomic papers. Later, I will report. But I think
they are outdated valueless papers.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )