[pct-l] PCTA Trailwork Project: May 22-23

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:53:26 CDT 2010

Hi All,

The Pacific Crest Trail Association will hold a trailwork project on May
22-23 in the Angeles National Forest. If you ever thought you’d like to
try volunteering to help maintain one of our country’s premier
long-distance scenic trails, this is a good opportunity.

The trail requires brushing and treading in Mile 498, in the far NW
corner of the ANF, approximately near Lake Hughes / Three Points. We
want to finish this work before the heat sets in.

PCTA will supply all equipment and tools. We’ll work both days, camping
in a local campground on Saturday night.  Volunteers can pick either
day, or both days and camp with us if they want.  PCTA will provide
meals for overnight campers. Sunday will be a short workday.

The area is accessed by 2wd national forest roads, so a higher-clearance
vehicle is needed, but we can also combine into trucks at the meetup
point just off the paved road.

As we’re working, we’ll likely meet a few early thruhikers on the trail
as they make their way up the PCT.

Volunteers will need to bring a sack lunch, water, leather work gloves,
robust footwear, sun protection, and wear layered long-sleeve clothing.
Work starts at the Atmore Meadows Road crossing, so no hiking is
required to access the work.

Feel free to forward this on to interested parties.  Next week I will
provide complete details to those contacting me. Please respond to me
directly at hikevv at gmail.com if interested in volunteering.

THANKS,

Kevin Corcoran
PCTA Region 1 Sec E Volunteer Area Coordinator
http://pct1e.blogspot.com/