[pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch to Tuolumne

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:42:53 CDT 2010

Dear Dave,

It depends on how many miles a day you want to cover.  Do you want to quit
hiking at 6:00pm and call it a day?  Do you like taking long meal breaks?
Taking minimal food/ bathroom breaks, bathing once per day during the heat
of the afternoon and hiking until about 8:00-8:30pm at night, should get you
over that distance in about 4.5 days.  Longer breaks mean more days.  I was
47 years old, female, birthed 6 children (Husband wanted a big family but
ran off with another woman...oh well!) when I did the JMT in 11 days back in
2007.  So, I think a reasonably fit, young man could accomplish that also.
I'm going to do it again this year to see if age (50years now) will affect
my performance.

Melanie