[pct-l] Forwarded message from Elk Lake Resort(Oregon)

Steve Stenkamp sskamp at bendnet.com
Wed May 12 22:54:47 CDT 2010

My name is Jay Walsh, I'm the GM at Elk Lake Resort outside of Bend, OR just a mile off the PCT. We offer re-supply boxes to be shipped to our resort and it seams that most of the hikers that call us have the wrong address and shipping info from older books out about our resort. We have operated Elk Lake for the past 4 summers and a couple of years ago the Postal Service had to change our P.O. box #. So I'll give you my current info so you can share it with the different resources so the hikers can take advantage of us. I know each year hikers get to Elk Lake and don't find their package waiting for them and it's a big inconvenience. We charge a $5 handling fee upon pick up. Some of the services PCT hikers can find at Elk Lake Resort is: Store with hikers products including medical supplys/dryed food and snacks/white gas, a full service award winning restaurant with the best milk shakes and 1/2 pound Oregon Beef hamburgers, lodging in either camping cabins with propane lighting and heat, or full amenitied cabins with kitchens/full baths linens etc. A laundry facility, and hot showers and bathroom facilities.

To ship via UPS or FedEx: "which delivers to our door"
Elk Lake Resort
60,000 Century Dr.
Bend, OR 97701

To ship via US Postal Service: "which we have to drive to Bend to Pick up, 30 miles away, this is done once a week, and must allow 2wks in advance of your arrival"
Elk Lake Resort
P.O. Box 698
Bend, OR 97709

Our very helpful website is: elklakeresort.net
Lodge phone: 541-480-7378

We have heard that we're one of the Best stops on the PCT by many of the hikers, so we want to help them out as much as we can. There is a PCT Angel that will be able to transport to and from Bend with advance notice.

Thank you for your help in getting the word out to the hikers!

Jay Walsh