[pct-l] FOOD

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon May 17 21:54:35 CDT 2010

Good evening, Jesse,

I’ll second Miner’s resupply comments, and mention a related consideration:
This is a very heavy snow year in N. California and if you start in June may
have very difficult route-finding -- best undertaken by those who are
experienced with, and well equipped for, extensive snow travel.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/support/water/westwide/snowpack/wy2010/snow1005.gif
I’m going to hike N. California this year, but I probably won’t even start
until August.

Note that most of Oregon is about average, which means that by mid-June
there will be snow but not total cover for miles and miles.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09