[pct-l] Clarification of my "rude" comment...

goslowgofar goslowgofar at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 17:50:09 CDT 2010

Sym wrote:

"I think Katy's comment "So maybe you better keep that horse's mouth
closed..." would be considered rude by most people.  (but obviously not
all)."

Well, Sym, that was a reference to your comment re "looking a gift horse in the mouth".  I knew after I hit the SEND key that I that not everyone would get the reference...even though I added your original post with my reply.  I like horses.  I don't know if you have a horse, or if it was a gift...and if you are offended, I apologize.  But the point is: you came across as someone who is self-absorbed and doesn't get the point of Trail Magic.  And, to add to Dr. Jackalope's  (yeah, that's right, she is well-educated hiker-trash!) response:  We ARE hikers.  We are "paying it forward" the same way we received it  when we were out there.  I think we know what hikers are craving.  And it isn't all trans-fat free!
If you do come to Walker Pass...I'll be by the watermelon.  I don't eat donuts, either.
Katy