[pct-l] pct-l] Follow-up to the earlier GPS discussion

linda.hungerford linda.hungerford at comcast.net
Wed May 19 13:55:54 CDT 2010

In a canyon, where the signal to the GPS is bouncing around off of walls,
your signal could be off by a quarter mile, or more.  (My track from the
Rogue River last week has me repeatedly crossing the river to jog several
thousand feet up the opposite canyon's walls.)  Or you could just lose the
satellite signal entirely.  Better to know how to use the GPS and the map
and compass, and figure out when to believe neither.

Linda