[pct-l] Ultralight tent

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 18:16:43 CDT 2010

The owner, Bob Mullen (?), is starting to use cuben fiber in his current
line of tents.  Using cuben fiber with carbon fiber poles nearly doubles the
price, but reduces the weight significantly...I think it brings the weight
of that Revolution 2P down to about 2 lbs even.  The advantage of cuben
fiber over silnylon is that it is completely waterproof, so no worries about
water penetration in driving rain, and it's easily repairable with normal
tapes like duct tape...also, it doesn't stretch when wet.  If you do buy a
Big Sky tent, buy it from a vendor, not directly from Big Sky.

Sir Mix-a-lot