[pct-l] Follow-up to the earlier GPS discussion

Sir Mix-a-lot atetuna at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 10:03:54 CDT 2010

A bit off topic, but I found that you can upload multiple tracks by
repeatedly uploading & downloading tracks to your garmin gps. I haven't
tested the limits yet, but I've at least uploaded sections A-D, including
the San Jacinto alternate routes. Here's an example of how I do it:

1. Open section A tracks in Mapsource and upload it to the gps. Now section
A is on the gps.
2. Open section B tracks in Mapsource and then download the tracks from the
gps. Now sections A-B are open in Mapsource. Upload this to the gps. Now
sections A-B are on the gps.
3. Open section 3 tracks in Mapsource and then download the tracks from the
gps. Now sections A-C are open in Mapsource. Upload this to the gps. Now
sections A-C are on the gps.
4. And on and on...

It's tedious, but works for me.

I am using an Oregon 550.