[pct-l] oregon pct in June

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Tue May 25 17:22:49 CDT 2010

The other area you may have to worry about in June is near Mt Jefferson.  The Cathedral Rocks area usually has snow well past the 4th of July, and the Russell Creek ford could be a treacherous one as well.  The north side of Park Ridge is another spot that usually has snow into August.

I agree that in some spots downfall will be the thing that slows you down.  Most of the trail crews don't get out until late June.