[pct-l] Planning First Solo Hike (Jim Cribari) II

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:44:42 CDT 2010

I'll second that Gary.  On a very late season JMT hike when I was much
younger, and didn't know enough not to camp in the nearly 1200 foot bowl
just south of Forester Pass, I spent 12 hours in a snow storm with lots of
lightening bouncing around that granite bowl.  My hair stood on end for much
of the time and my tent poles buzzed loudly from the static electricity.  I
was pretty sure I would be found in the spring when the snow melted, and
fear of death was a big part of that experience.   No animal encounters ever
came close to that kind of scared.

Shroomer