[pct-l] Is it a Thru-Hike?

dofdear aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Tue May 25 20:24:26 CDT 2010

Dear List,

So my original plan was to SOBO from Manning to Campo beginning 25 June
into early Nov.  Obviously, successful completion would constitute an
thru-hike.  Now I'm considering a test hike over my 4-day Memorial Day
weekend.

Here's my question.  If one were to SOBO from Warner Springs
to Campo (Section A) between 28 - 31 May and then  SOBO from Manning to
Warner Springs beginning 25 June, would that also be considered a
thru-hike, albeit with a yoyo component?  Yes, yes I know, it's my hike
but I'm interested in the List's opinion.  I do not wish to lay claim to
something that may not be commonly accepted by the community.  If needed
I can certainly do Section A to make it a continuous hike.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

dofdear aka Thumper

A veteran, whether on Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve,
is someone who, at one pointing in his or her life, wrote a blank check
made payable to "The United States of America', for an amount of 'Up to
and including my life.' That is HONOR, and there are way too many people
in this country who no longer respect or understand it.