[pct-l] Baden Powell Snow

evanaaron at juno.com evanaaron at juno.com
Wed May 26 00:19:50 CDT 2010

Hey guys-
Just saw the thread on BP and thought I would comment if its not too late.
Climbed up there twice this week. No crampons/ice axes were needed. Started the first climb at about 11 am and the second at 10 am. Snow is patchy then covers the trail completely after about 2.5 miles from what I remember. Great sets of tracks all the way up. There were a BUNCH of people there on Sat with full mountaneering gear. Probably a good idea for an early morning hike, but mid day the snow softens up and running shoes are fine. In the end of course you must make your own decision and not be too stubborn to turn around.
Hope that helps someone a bit.
Happy hiking!
Evan