[pct-l] Bear encounter

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed May 26 07:56:11 CDT 2010

Good morning, Trail Zombie,

That’s a good story, and the bear’s reaction was prototypical of normal wild
animals on 90% of the PCT.  As soon as they sense a human they separate
themselves as quickly as possible.  About the only time they would hesitate
or rear up would be if they heard something unusual -- or saw some kind of
movement that was out-of-profile -- something that seemed to need further
identification.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09