[pct-l] Mountain Education's Current Trail Conditions: KM to Kearsarge

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Sat May 29 15:44:50 CDT 2010

Thank you so much for this update.  It makes chilling reading.

I hope you are able to continue your expedition northwards and I look forward to further updates.  I am hoping to hike from VVR to Tuolumne, starting June 12th.  I don't have any choice in the date as that is the only week I can get to the USA this year, but I can of course choose the location to suit the conditions.  I'm not equipped for the conditions you describe over Forester.  I'm not going there this time but I was expecting to get up to 11,000 feet on Donahue Pass. I may have to drastically change plans.

regards

Denis Stanton

On 30/05/2010, at 6:18 AM, jktibbits at aol.com wrote:

> To all those waiting to enter the southern sierra, here is some valuable info on trail conditions ahead. I have some time right now to describe our experiences and offer strong advice for the trail ahead (some of this info is also posted at the KM General Store and at the PCTA - I try to call in via Sat Phone with trail conditions as we progressed north).
<snip>