[pct-l] Identifying Central Oregon Mountain

Will Rohrer wlrohrer at gmail.com
Sun May 30 13:46:33 CDT 2010

If there are any detectives out there, I'd love some help identifying a
mountain of which I took a picture in Central Oregon, while on my section
hike last August.  Here's a link to the picasa album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/PrinceWCheech/MountainMystery#

I took the photo a few miles north of Elk Lake, I think where the PCT
reaches the ridge of Koosah Mountain after climbing up the western slope.  I
included pictures of Bachelor, Broken Top, South Sister and Elk/Hosmer
Lakes, for comparison's sake.  I took pictures of these about 2 miles up the
trail from where I snapped a photo of the mystery mountain.  My two theories
so far: Diamond Peak, 50+ miles to the south, or a really hazy shot of South
Sister.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Will (Lucretia)