[pct-l] Identifying Central Oregon Mountain

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 22:20:04 CDT 2010

Oooh! I always get so excited when there's a question I can answer :)

I am certain that's Diamond Peak. I just looked at pictures taken on my section hike last year, and I have a very similar shot of Diamond Peak taken from somewhere north of Elk Lake. Huh. Probably from the side of Koosah Mt., now that you mention it. When did you come through there? We might have met you.

It was a bit clearer when I took mine, and if you zoom way in you can even see Thielsen in the background which helps determine that you were indeed facing south.  Also, the little Pac-Man-y snowfield to the center-right helped me match it to my photo :)

-Chipmunk

Message: 2