[pct-l] Hiking with my dog

Whitnee Goode whitneegoode at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 12:21:32 CDT 2010

Yeah, I understand... Plus, if I left my dog at home, I could use her as motivation to cover more miles. My boyfriend just asked me to leave the dog so he won't be so lonely. I'll think about it. I don't know why I get scared. I don't think it has anything to do with me being a girl... more so because I feel so alone. I also feel much better when my dog is there, but with her growling, my fear is hard to ignore. I read something cool the other day that gave me a new perspective. It's from some Kabbalah book I'm reading for my mysticism class in college... goes something like this, "[after praying for help] My fear dropped away. The woods became friendly. It was no longer dangerous because, for some reason, I no longer felt alone." Anyway... I'm coming to terms with it. It's good for me to feel a bit uncomfortable anyway.