[pct-l] Mt Jefferson Wilderness photos

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Nov 1 21:02:12 CDT 2010

I first hiked into the Mt Jefferson Wilderness into Jefferson Park in Aug
1977, a skinny 22yr old with a huge Kelty pack. I returned again in Aug 2010
by hiking there the long way from Crater Lake NP, and ran into an
inconvenient fire closure in the Jeff Park. I returned on the Oct full moon
to hike that 15mile  trail closure during a hard and very rainy weekend, and
we hiked into the park on a trail that was a flowing river!  But we woke up
in the park the next day to an incredible clear sky, bitter cold
temperatures, no one anywhere, and ice everywhere! I won't wait 33 years
before I return again to this incredible place!
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/root&view=recent