[pct-l] 2010 Thru Hike finish

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 1 22:47:00 CDT 2010

According to his journal on trailjournals.com, Trooper crossed the
border on Oct. 29th. It is amazing that hikers have been able to finish
this late--it must be a record for the number of thruhikers crossing the
border in the last week of October. However, the Class of 2011 better
realize this is extremely rare--much better to finish on Oct. 1st than
Oct. 31st.

Congratulations to all who've finished--and I'd like to hear more about
the hiking conditions for these "extreme" finishers.

Tom (Bullfrog) Griffin
Seattle