[pct-l] Trail workers/thru-hikers

Nikii Murtaugh boundforadventure at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 21:50:23 CDT 2010

Gotta jump on here.  I've done trail work on the Colorado Trail, PCT, and
Wonderland Trail and never, ever once, has anyone ever made a negative
comment.  In a few instances on the CT, hikers had to wait because we were
felling trees.

As a hiker, I always stop and chat and find out which group is doing trail
work.  Then I try to remember to mention seeing them in my journal.

I've found that the trail volunteers frequently have much more reliable
information on water, camping, weather conditions, lodging in town, etc, as
well as hikers/equestrians who are on the trail.  Plus there are sometimes
diversions, such as a dog who wants to play fetch the stick.

IMHO, I question whether these were thru-hikers, or just lightweight hikers
out for a few days.

Lost and Found