[pct-l] McNuggets Don't Spoil?

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Wed Nov 3 07:40:19 CDT 2010

While I suspect these projects (keeping fast food out for months) is to show
how bad the food is, one could interpret it as how good the food is - no
germs in the meat, etc.

I don't see this as much different than making jerky. Dry any meat without
introducing germs and it will keep a long time.

Think of how carne seca is made - put strips of meat on the roof in the
desert and just let it dry, then serve. Usually it's put in a mesh cage to
keep the bugs off. The historic El Charro restaurant in Tucson makes it
exactly this way and serves it on their menu, served with a little lime as
is or in a burrito.

AsABat