[pct-l] Fall on the PCT

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 3 21:57:08 CDT 2010

Recent posts about hiking the southern PCT this time of year got me
thinking.

This past month the conditions seemed ideal for hiking in So Cal. The
weather here in Santa Barbara has alternated between warm or hot
days, cool or cold nights, and warm storms.

How is the southern PCT this time of year? Does anybody know if
there's snow RIGHT NOW on the trail near San Jacinto? If the weather
stays about the same until Thanksgiving, what do you think the San
Jacinto area will be like? I might like to go for a little hike over
Thanksgiving holiday if it's still nice then.

How late can you still hike in the Liebres? How about the area around
Big Bear? When does the snow start accumulating around there?

Thanks for any info.
Diane