[pct-l] sketch maps in new guidebook

Bonnie Peterson writebon at bonniepeterson.com
Thu Nov 4 10:32:51 CDT 2010

 I used the Blue guidebooks in Switzerland a couple years ago. Very difficult to discern the trail, streams, terrain, etc on the 'sketch maps' (sketch is a good name for them). The books are printed on the heaviest paper on earth with a plastic cover! These were the only English text guidebooks I could find at the time, for the Swiss trails I was hiking. They were very helpful, but had limited logistical information. Common titles are - Haute route, Tour de mt blanc, Bernese alps, etc.
-B. Peterson